What my mentor taught me
- The right question can take a friendship from zero to 100.
- It’s healthy to cry.
- Jesus adores you and me.
- We all need flat-out-on-your-face-prayer
- Praying in secret can include blankets, tents and flashlights if you want it to
- Nothing is more important than our quiet time with Jesus.
- We make time for what’s most important to us.
- Even if you aren’t gifted for singing, and you want to sing, sing loudly anyway.
- It’s okay to be sad, hurt, angry… just don’t live there.
- If we never get what we want on this Earth, is Jesus enough?
- Christian women stay the youngest, at any age.
- People are always, always, more important than things
- There won’t be dust in heaven (ha, this is probably specific to my mentor).
- Not one sin is ever above God’s grace.
- We all have the ability to commit the sins we read about in newspapers .
- Keep healthy boundaries.
- Pouring your life into others isn’t easy, but it’s worth it.
- The Bible is either true or it isn’t.
- There are no coincidences with God.
- If Jesus wants you to have it, he will give it to you.
- Growing can be painful
- Growth can include practical things like organization, time management, etc.
- Great mentors have the patience equivalent to JOB.
- A great spiritual mentor points others to Christ, not themselves.
Do you have a mentor who has made a difference in your life? What would you add to your list?